This neighbourhood took its name from a French city. Following the Prussian victory over French troops at the Battle of Metz in 1870, Bavarian entrepreneur Charles Fix opened a beer house on the hill, hence the name.
Known for inspiring romance, it has also been known as Pantremenadika, or the “Wedding Land”.
Today, beautifully restored neoclassical buildings make up this neighbourhood. The municipality has also created an impressive recreational grove for locals and visitors.