Andreas Syngros Hospital
Andreas Syngros Venereal and Skin Diseases Hospital was built in 1910 by the widow of the eponymous banker and in 1921 was donated to the Greek state.
A pioneering institution for its time, the hospital provided free treatment to men and women suffering from venereal diseases, and educated those in pursuit of scientific knowledge. The hospital is primarily funded by a large block of shares in the National Bank of Greece.
The hospital continues to cover the medical needs of patients suffering from sexually transmitted infections and skin diseases.