Lavrion Fish Market
The Hellenic Mining Company constructed the Fish Market in 1885 behind the main street and central square of Lavrion. Forming a ‘U’ shape, the market features three entrances leading to an open, paved area for the market and a fountain.
Designed by Ernst Ziller, the area quickly became known as Ziller’s Market, and is a distinguished example of neoclassical architecture. Although the complex still operates as a fish and meat market, it also features traditional meze tavernas and ouzo bars.