Stathatos Manor in Kolonaki is located at the corner of Vasilissis Sofias and Irodotou Streets, where it houses a wing of the Cycladic Art Museum.
Built in the late 19th century by Ernst Ziller, the manor was based on plans drawn up in 1895 for an expatriate merchant from Ithaca named Stathatos. During the 1930s the building saw extensive alterations and a complete interior renovation. After World War II it was used as an embassy until 1981, when it became property of the Hellenic State.
The government initially intended to convert the building into a guest house for distinguished visitors; it was fully refurbished and restored to its original design. It was eventually assigned to the Cycladic Art Museum.