Located on the pedestrian street across from the New Acropolis Museum on Makrigianni Street, the Weiler Building was designed and built in 1836 by Bavarian military engineer Wilhelm von Weiler, and housed the Army Hospital.
In 1920, the police regiment began using the facility as its barracks, and in December 1944, the building became a centrepiece of civil struggles. Originally designed in the German neo-romantic style, its stone masonry originally had a visible coating. Following the battles of 1944, the coating was destroyed, exposing the stonework. Since 1978 it has belonged to the Ministry of Culture.
Restructured between 1985 and 1987, the building today houses the Museum of the Centre for Acropolis Studies.