The historic Benakeios Library is located behind the Old Parliament building, at the intersection of Anthimou Gazi and Kolokotroni Streets.
The original building was constructed between 1911 and 1912, with an additional building added in 1920. Enhanced by exquisite decorative elements, the library is a superb example of Athens’ early 20th century neoclassical architecture.
This building belongs to the Parliament and constitutes an annex of the main Library. Today, library materials are housed in the Lenorman street building (the old Tobacco Factory), and the building is under restoration and full reconstruction.