Koumoundourou Islet, like many sites in Greece, has undergone numerous name changes over time. This rocky islet was once known as Stalis, a name taken from old maps.
Officially renamed Mounichia in 1925, the locals later started calling the island Paraskevas, after the little tavern that operated near the beach.
Today, of course, it is known as Koumoundourou Islet. History indicates that it was the location of the last battle between General Archelaos of Pontus and the legions of the Roman General Syllas.