The Main Building of the National Bank of Greece
Believe it or not, the main building of the National Bank of Greece was once two separate buildings. The building to the left was originally a lavish residence, which was purchased in 1845 by Georgios Stavrou, who turned it into the first branch of the National Bank of Greece in Athens.
On the right, stood the England Hotel owned by Fragiskos Feraldis. This building was purchased by the bank in the 1850s and the two buildings, which now form part of the bank’s logo, were combined into a single structure in the late 19th century.