National Bank of Greece-Historical Archives
The National Bank of Greece houses its historical archives in the Diomidis building, which takes its name from former director Alexander Diomidis.
Architect Nikolaos Zouboulidis prepared initial drawings for the project with the assistance of the bank’s technical department and engineer, Aristidis Blanos. The facility met the archive storage needs of the bank until 2000, when the building underwent major restoration to convert it from a storage facility to a working site for the National Bank of Greece.
Archive material from 1841 to the 1960s can be viewed for free here, as well as documents of other entities and individuals maintained by the bank.