The Baths of the Aerides

These Turkish baths, located on Kyrristou Street in Plaka, were built during the years of the Ottoman occupation. Extensively damaged during the siege of the Acropolis by Kioutahi Pasha in 1827, they were later repaired and modernised by King Otto.

After being abandoned in the 1960s, the Ministry of Culture restored the building and turned it into an exhibition venue in the 1980s and 1990s.

View Popup
View the Map[/wpml-string]” content_buttonsize=”14″ content_tooltip_css=”false” content_tooltip_content=”Map” content_provider=”identifier” content_retrieve=”ssmap” el_class=”viewthemap”]
Information
Address: 8, Kirristou Plaka
Area: Athens
Phone: +302103244340
Transportation: Metro Red Line (2): Acropoli Station

More Sightseeing

Omonia Station

Athens

Inaugurated in 1930, the current Omonia station replaced the original station, built in 1895,...

Thission Station

Athens

The Athens-Piraeus Electric Subway station in Thission is the oldest metro station in Athens,...

Olive oil

Poros

The cultivation of olives is dating since ancient times, in the broader northeastern...

Carnival Events

Poros

With a great concert, a parade of masked people and the well-established "hunt of the lost treasure"....