The Dana Lighthouse
The Dana Lighthouse standing at the mouth of the Poros channel was built in 1870 by the French Society of Ottoman Lighthouses. It is one of the prettiest stone-built square lighthouses in Greece and a monument of modern maritime history. The lighthouse rises to nine meters and its focal length reaches 32 meters.
In 2011, the Aikaterini Laskaridis Foundation completed a total restoration of the lighthouse which is now also a cultural beacon of Greece’s maritime heritage.
The lighthouse is less than six kilometers from Poros Town and can be reached over a footpath off the main road after a 15-minute hike. It is a perfect viewing point over the Saronic Gulf and the Methana peninsula.