This park was created in 1908 in the Pagrati neighborhood, when locals planted a large section of land with pine trees. In 1936 the area was allocated to the Municipality of Athens, which continued planting the area with a wide variety of trees, bushes and other types of Mediterranean flora.
The park was once home to a small zoo and a theatre with free performances. Today, the municipality is in charge of the park’s myriad recreational activities.
Park entrances are located on Eftyxidou Street and at the junction of Eftyxidou and Spyrou Merkouri Streets.