Archaeological Museum of Marathon

Surrounded by large tracts of agricultural land, the museum was built in 1975 near the famous site of Marathon.

Fully renovated in 1994, the museum houses five thematic exhibition rooms, a patio and a large storage basement. Its collections come directly from excavations in the surrounding area and include items from the Neolithic period to the late Roman era, the most famous being from the Tomb of the Athenians and the prehistoric burial grounds.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Information
Address: 114, Plateon Str, Marathon
Area: East Suburbs
Phone: +302294055155
Opening Hours: Tue-Sun: 09:00-16:00 Mon: Closed

More Sightseeing

Omonia Station

Athens

Inaugurated in 1930, the current Omonia station replaced the original station, built in 1895,...

Print Friendly, PDF & Email