Eynardeion School

Next to the Aegina Cathedral is the Eynardeion School, an elegant neoclassical building built in 1830. Designed by famous Athenian architects, the building was funded by the Swiss banker Eynard, hence its name.

Established to train primary education teachers, it was also the first interdisciplinary school, and once played home to a library and an archaeological museum.

View Popup
View the Map[/wpml-string]” content_buttonsize=”14″ content_tooltip_css=”false” content_tooltip_content=”Map” content_provider=”identifier” content_retrieve=”ssmap” el_class=”viewthemap”]
Information
Address: Aegina, Egina
Area: Aegina

More Sightseeing