St. Marina Church (Thission)
Constructed between 1924 and 1927 on Observatory Hill in Thission, the church of Agia Marina was based on plans by Achilles Georgiadis and its frescoes were painted by hagiographers Grekos and Soutsos. Interestingly, incorporated into the present-day structure is a natural 13th-century cave church, operating as a baptistery.
Portions of frescos from the older, post-Byzantine church are displayed in the contemporary church, along with a few icons dating from the 13th to 18th centuries. The altar of the ancient church has also been preserved. An icon of Saint Marina was supposedly discovered at the site where the church was built and, according to archaeologist Travlos, the church formerly housed a water reservoir.