Agios Georgios Church

The cathedral of Agios Georgios marks the center of Poros Town’s upper sector. The oldest surviving written reference to the church is in the 1828 census under Governor Ioannis Kapodistrias, who lived briefly on the island. The church is widely known for its hagiography which is the work of one of the most important modern Greek artists, Konstantinos Parthenis.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Information
Address:
Area: Poros
Ticket Price: Free Entrance
Accessibility: No

More Sightseeing

Filopappos hill

Athens

The hill was named after Filopappos, a Roman consul who loved Athens and grandson of Syrian...

Aretoussa’s Cave

Piraeus, South Suburbs

Descending 65 metres into the depths of a rocky hill in Kastella, visitors will find...

Print Friendly, PDF & Email