Museum of Traditional Pottery
Everything started when the exceptional neoclassical building of 1875 at Melidoni street, in Thissio area was renovated, restored and haded over in 1996 to the Foundation of Contemporary Pottery “Psaropoulou”. The museum was founded that year, having as its central core the pottery collection of Mrs Betty Psaropoulou.
Today, in the Museum of Traditional Pottery, permanent exhibitions of traditional pottery and three workshops are present. One without a pottery wheel, one with a manually operated wheel and another with a foot operated wheel.
Furthermore, the museum offers a hall for events, a hall for education, a library and a shop with a small cafe.