Panagitsa Church

Visible from the coast of Aegina, the magnificent church of Panagitsa is located just outside Aegina’s marina. Dedicated to the Virgin Mary, the church was built using pouri, the soft local stone also used to build the Temple of Aphaia.

Built in 1673, the domed basilica with vaulted arches remained in its original form until 1906, when it was rebuilt. The government used the church to house refugees seeking asylum in 1826.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Information
Address: Aegina
Area: Aegina

More Churches & Monasteries

Ipapanti

Hydra

One of the most famous and historical churches of Hydra is the Church of Ipapanti....

Evangelical, Church

Evangelical Church

Athens

Built in 1871, the Evangelical Church of Athens is located opposite the Columns of Olympian Zeus at the intersection of Lyssikratous Street and Amalias Avenue....

Print Friendly, PDF & Email